Who We Are
Virtual Prep Academy at Monterey is a tuition-free K-12 public online school in California that uses innovative technology to help students thrive in their schoolwork and life. At Virtual Prep Academy at Monterey, we empower students to be their best by enabling them to learn in ways that are right for them—at home, at their proper level, and at their own pace.
How We Help
Virtual Prep Academy at Monterey teachers work with students to engage them in academic inquiry, skill building, and to foster curiosity. Teachers work with elementary, middle and high school students to review lessons and assessments and to guide and support students and learning coaches through the program. Teachers, parents, and students meet on a regular basis online to evaluate progress and provide additional enhancement learning opportunities. The learning coach, which is typically the parent or legal guardian, serves as an enthusiastic supporter, dedicated to the academic success of the student.
Who We Serve
· Students who need a challenging & engaging curriculum
· Students who have faced adversity or academic challenges
· Students who need flexibility and teacher support
· Students with special needs
· Students who are credit deficient
· Students who may be unable to physically attend school
· Students that are homeless and lack a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence
· K-12 California students living in Monterey, Santa Cruz, San Benito, Fresno, Kings, and San Luis Obispo counties.
Fill out the form to receive more information about our school